Dental implants can provide a permanent solution for missing teeth. Dental implants are composed of a titanium post, which is placed into the jawbone. An abutment that sits on top of the post, and then a custom dental crown gives the finished look. A dental implant is designed to replace a missing tooth by mimicking a natural tooth root. Both durable and appealing, dental implants are the most often recommended treatment option for one or more missing teeth
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants are often used as a substitute to traditional removable dentures, as they can provide a number of advantages. Some of the benefits include:
- Jawbone density preservation
- Natural-looking results
- Secure fit that allows you to eat and speak comfortably
- No rubbing or irritation on the gumline or soft tissues
- Long-lasting, and potentially permanent results
- Are cared for the same way you care for natural teeth
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
We will thoroughly evaluate your oral structures during the initial consultation and determine whether you are a good candidate for dental implants. If that is not the case, we will discuss alternative options to address your concerns.